is a Citric Acid Cycle Intermediate convert to ATP, a form of energy used by the body.
Directions: Take 1-3 capsules per day or as recommended by a health care professional. ALPHA-KETOGLUTARIC ACID should be taken with vitamins and minerals. Tyson’s MVM (Multivitamin) is highly recommended.
Reducing the loss of lean body mass in postoperative and debilitated patients
Functioning in the brain as a precursor to GABA and GLUTAMIC ACID
Involving with the production of energy in the body.
48) Dulaney M., Whitney S., Hume A.S., “Protection Against Cyanide (CN) Toxicity by Prior Oral Administration of Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid (a-KG)”, Dept. of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi, Jackson, MS (1987).
49) Ganrot, P.O., “Metabolism and Possible Health Effects of Aluminum”, Environmental Health Perspectives, 1986; 65: pp.363-441.
50) Kjellman, Ulf., et al., “A-ketoglurate for Myocardial Protection in Heart Surgery”, Lancet 1995;345: 552-553.
51) Lehninger, A.L., Biochemistry, 2nd ed., Worth Publishers (1975) , pp. 562-566.
52) Moore, S.J. and Hume A.S., “The Prophylactic Efficacy of A-Ketoglutarate in Reduction of Lethality Due to the Inhalation of Gaseous Pyrolysis Products of Polyacrylonitrile”, Dept. Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS (1986).
53) Moore, S.J., Norris, J.C., et al., “Efficacy of a-Ketoglutaric Acid in Antagonism of Cyanide Intoxication”, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology 1986;82: 40-44.
54) Norris, J.C. and Hume A.S., “Antagonism of Sodium Nitroprusside-Induced Lethality by a-Ketoglutaric Acid, Dept. Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS (1985).
55) Yamamoto, H-A, “Hyperammonemia, Increased Brain Neutral and Aromatic Amino Acid Levels, and Encephalopathy Induced by Cyanide in Mice”, Toxicol. App. Pharmacol. 1989; 99: 415-420.